The most common belief about translation in Dubai being only of one type is not the understanding anymore. Translators in today’s global market are working on a particular skill or type to master as it is no longer possible for individuals to excel at every type of translation.
Translators are now specializing in various areas like financial, legal, business, medical, and technical. These are among the most commonly requested services from translation service firms who may have specialized in one particular type, have in-house translators or hired freelancers from around the world.
Here are some of the most common types of translation services:
- Technical translations are performed by translators with knowledge and experience in highly technical areas. Topics often require a scientific, engineering, financial, electronics and more. Professionals in this field often have working experience in a particular technical area. Instruction manuals, product factsheets, and catalogues are some of the most requested documents.
- Business translations are often required for multinational companies. Frequently requested tasks may include documents related to exports, imports, manufacturers, and retailers. While having a business background is a plus point, it is not necessary. Professional business translators should be master at understanding legal and commercial implications of their work.
- Legal translations covers the logistical documentation required for setting up businesses overseas. The legal documentation like articles of association, licenses, contracts, and legal rulings, all related to law have to be carried out by professionals with strong track records with a legal background.
- Website translations enable business owners to offer localization across borders. Hiring of native speakers for websites has become a must especially when they are localized to region or city, since customers can quickly notice any mistakes or inconsistencies with their regional dialect.
- Official translations are legal documents such as driving licenses, visas, birth certificates, and diplomas. Once translated, they function as the legal equivalent of the original copy. Official translations are also known as certified or notarized translations, and they are usually carried out by a sworn translator.
- Fast translations are needed to be done in 24 hours or less. If a translation is required quickly, this can be completed at a higher rate per word by skilled and full-time professionals.
These types of translation services are specific and unique to different professional and personal needs. It is best to understand each type of translation before hiring a freelance translator or an agency providing services for translation.
Visit https://dubai-translationservices.ae/portfolio-item/marketing-translation-services/ for more details.